What traditional PAA (Physical Activity and Academic Achievement) benefits can one expect after consuming a Greek breakfast featuring Spanakopita?
Whip Up A Delicious Greek Breakfast with This Authentic Spanakopita Recipe
Begin your day with an authentic taste of Greek cuisine! Spanakopita, a traditional Greek pie, offers a blend of savory ingredients encased in flaky filo dough. This spinach and feta delicacy makes a nutritious and hearty breakfast option, guaranteed to keep you fueled throughout the day. Cook with us and learn how to craft this Greek classic at home!
- 16 sheets of Filo dough
- 1 kg of spinach, fresh
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g of feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g of butter, melted
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Sauté the chopped onions and garlic in olive oil until they become translucent.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Then remove from heat and let it cool. Squeeze the spinach to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, crumble the feta cheese. Mix in beaten eggs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add the cooled spinach mixture and stir well.
- Brush a baking dish with some of the melted butter. Lay a filo sheet down and brush with more butter, continue layering and brushing until you have 8 sheets layered.
- Spread the spinach and feta filling evenly over the filo dough. Top with 8 more layers of filo, brushing butter between each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the filo has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares to serve.
Who knew a delicious Greek breakfast could be so easy to make at home? With this authentic spanakopita recipe, you can enjoy the flavors of Greece without leaving your kitchen. The crunchy filo exterior combined with the aromatic spinach and feta filling creates a breakfast dish that will kickstart your day with a bang. Open your morning with a culinary journey to the Mediterranean region. Kali orexi! (Bon appétit!)