What traditional Greek ingredients are used in the Froutalia Omelette recipe presented in the “Authentic Greek Breakfast” article?
Authentic Greek Breakfast: Delicious Froutalia Omelette Recipe Revealed
Known for its incredible flavors and high nutritional value, authentic Greek cuisine has always been a treasure trove for food enthusiasts worldwide. One of the classic dishes savored in traditional Greek homes, especially in island of Andros is the Froutalia Omelette! Get ready as we reveal the secret to this delicious, protein-rich breakfast.
- 6 eggs
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Greek sausage or bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of hard cheese, grated (preferably Greek graviera)
- 1/4 cup of fresh milk
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Begin by heating olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add potatoes and fry until golden brown.
- Add the onions and sausage or bacon. Cook until they are well browned.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper together. Pour this mixture over the pan’s ingredients, shaking the pan gently to distribute them evenly.
- Cook over low heat until the omelette is set. Then, flip it over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with freshly baked bread and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice for a complete Greek breakfast!
Cooking an authentic Greek breakfast is not as complicated as it might seem. By following this simple Froutalia Omelette recipe, you can bring the essence of Greek cuisine right into your kitchen! This Greek culinary delight will surely surprise your taste buds with its mouthwatering mix of flavors. Give it a try and start your day the Greek way!