What are the ingredients needed to make a classic Greek salad?
The Benefits of a Good Greek Salad
Salad is one of the healthiest dishes you can eat, as it is packed with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that nourish your body. One of the more popular salads enjoyed around the world is none other than the Greek salad, a dish that originated in Greece and is composed of a variety of fresh veggies, cheese, and seasonings.
If you’ve never made a Greek salad before, you’re in for a real treat. This salad is very easy to make and requires a minimal amount of cooking time – perfect for those who are always on-the-go.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced cucumber, chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, and pitted Kalamata olives. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese to the bowl and mix it with the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour this dressing over the salad and toss everything together until the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Chill the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and create a richer taste.
- Serve the salad as a main course or as a side dish to your favorite meal. Enjoy!
“A Greek salad is one of the best things you can eat for your body, as it is rich in vitamins, minerals, and other important nutrients. Plus, it tastes great too!”
– John Doe, fitness enthusiast