What are the key ingredients needed to make Greek Souvlaki for lunch?
Greek souvlaki is a classic street food that is enjoyed all over Greece. It’s a versatile dish that can be made with chicken, pork, or beef, and can be served on a bed of rice or with a side of pita bread. This recipe is easy to make and is bursting with flavor, making it the perfect dish for lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 skewers
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Thread chicken onto skewers and brush olive oil mixture all over the chicken.
- Grill chicken skewers, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Greek souvlaki is a classic dish that is easy to make and is bursting with flavor. With this recipe, you can enjoy this delicious lunch or dinner option any time of the week. Give it a try and let us know what you think!