What are the main ingredients in traditional Greek frappé coffee?
Opa! Indulge in the Rich Flavors of Traditional Greek Frappé Coffee
Welcome to a flavorful journey through the traditional Greek frappé coffee! This refreshingly cold coffee drink is a staple in Greece and loved by coffee drinkers around the world. Made with just a few simple ingredients and a bit of elbow grease, you’ll be sipping on a rich and indulgent coffee in no time.
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4-6 oz cold water
- Milk (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Add instant coffee and sugar to a cocktail shaker or a sealable jar.
- Add 1-2 oz of water to the shaker or jar and shake for 10-15 seconds until the mixture turns into a light brown foam.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the coffee foam on top of the ice cubes.
- Slowly add the remaining cold water (4-6 oz) into the glass.
- Mix the coffee foam with the water by using a straw or a long spoon.
- Add milk to taste (optional).
Congratulations, you’ve successfully made your first traditional Greek frappé coffee! Indulge in the rich flavors and enjoy this refreshing coffee drink any time of the day.