What ingredients are needed to make this Greek lunch recipe?
Bring the Mediterranean to Your Kitchen with this Delicious Greek Lunch Recipe
Looking for a healthy and delicious lunch option that will transport you straight to the Greek Isles? This Greek lunch recipe is sure to do just that! Loaded with fresh veggies, grilled chicken, and savory flavors, you’ll feel like you’re lounging seaside as you enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean in your own kitchen. Follow these simple steps to create a lunch you’ll never forget!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Cucumber, Chopped
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper.
- While whisking, slowly pour in the olive oil until combined. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While chicken cooks, slice the red bell peppers into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, chopped onion, Kalamata olives, and sliced red bell peppers. Drizzle with the prepared dressing and toss to coat.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- After the rest period, slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Plate the chicken strips on a bed of the veggie mixture and enjoy!
There you have it – a delicious and healthy lunch recipe that will make you feel like you’re basking in the Mediterranean sun. The combination of fresh veggies, juicy chicken, and zesty dressing is sure to satisfy your taste buds and your cravings for something new. Give this recipe a try and bring the flavors of Greece into your kitchen!