-What are some traditional Greek dishes included in this feast?
Opa! Try this mouth-watering Greek feast tonight
Whether you’re in the mood for something savory or sweet, this Greek feast has got you covered. From traditional dishes like moussaka and tzatziki to sweet treats like baklava, this meal is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. So grab a glass of ouzo and get ready to enjoy a culinary journey to the Mediterranean.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the lamb and cook, breaking up with a fork, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the wine and beef broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, layer the sliced eggplant and potatoes, then pour the lamb mixture on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the lamb is cooked through.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and a dollop of Greek yogurt mixed with chopped mint.
Finish off your meal with a sweet bite of baklava. This nutty pastry is layered with phyllo dough and honey syrup, making it the perfect ending to a delicious Greek meal.
Thanks for joining us on this culinary journey. Opa!
About the Author
John Doe is a food blogger and recipe developer based in Los Angeles. He enjoys creating dishes inspired by his travels around the world and sharing them with his readers. Follow him on Instagram @johndoeeats.