What kind of coffee should be used to make an authentic Greek Frappé?
Indulge in Greek Delight: How to Make Authentic Frappé and Ouzo Cocktails
Get ready to experience the authentic taste of Greece with these two classic cocktails. Frappé, a frothy iced coffee drink, and Ouzo, an anise-flavored liquor, are two beloved beverages that are enjoyed by Greeks and tourists alike. So, why not bring a taste of Greece to your home by making these refreshments?
Frappé is a popular Greek iced coffee drink that is refreshing and easy to make. Traditionally served with a straw, frappé is a great way to cool down during hot summer days. Here’s how to make an authentic frappé:
- 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar (depending on your preference)
- 1/4 cup water
- Ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- Add instant coffee and sugar to a shaker or blender.
- Gradually add water and shake or blend until the mixture becomes frothy and light brown in color.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the coffee mixture over the ice.
- Add milk (if desired) and stir.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy.
Ouzo Cocktail Recipe
Ouzo is a popular Greek liquor that is sweet, anise-flavored, and served as an aperitif. It is usually mixed with water and ice to create a refreshing cocktail. Here’s how to make a traditional Ouzo cocktail:
- 1 shot of Ouzo liquor
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Lemon slice (optional)
- Pour the shot of Ouzo liquor into a glass.
- Add ice cubes to the glass.
- Fill the glass with cold water.
- Stir until the Ouzo is diluted and the drink becomes cloudy
- Add a lemon slice (if desired).
Now that you have learned how to make Frappé and Ouzo cocktails, it’s time to impress your friends and family with your bartending skills. By indulging in these classic Greek beverages, you can bring a taste of Greece to your home and experience a little bit of the Mediterranean wherever you are.