What makes Greek lamb gyros a fresh and flavorful lunch option?
If you’re looking for a fresh and flavorful lunch option, look no further than these melt-in-your-mouth Greek Lamb Gyros! This traditional Greek dish combines succulent lamb, tangy tzatziki sauce, and a variety of fresh vegetables to create a delicious and satisfying meal.
- 1 lb. lamb, sliced thin
- 4-6 pita breads
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the lamb, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss until the lamb is evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb to the pan and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- While the lamb is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce. In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
- To assemble the gyros, lay each pita bread flat and spread a generous dollop of tzatziki sauce onto the center. Top with a few slices of cooked lamb, a handful of sliced red onions, diced cucumber and tomato. Roll tightly and serve immediately.