What specific ingredients do you need to make a traditional Greek frappé coffee at home?
If you’ve ever been to Greece, you’ve probably seen people sipping on a refreshing drink in the middle of a hot summer day. That drink is a frappé, and it’s a Greek specialty that has become popular worldwide. This iced coffee drink is easy to make and perfect for a hot day. Here’s how to make it at home:
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- ice cubes
- milk (optional)
- In a shaker or blender, add the instant coffee, sugar, and water.
- Shake or blend until the mixture becomes frothy and light brown in color, about 10-15 seconds.
- Add a few ice cubes to a tall glass.
- Pour the frothy coffee over the ice cubes.
- If you’d like, you can add some milk to your glass and stir it in.
- Enjoy your homemade Greek frappé coffee!