What are the key ingredients and steps in making this Greek dinner recipe?
Experience the Taste of Greece with This Delicious Greek Dinner Recipe
- 1 lb. of lamb
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta cheese, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried thyme, and olive oil to create a marinade. Coat the lamb in the marinade and allow it to sit while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chopped onion until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced bell peppers to the skillet and continue to sauté until the peppers are tender.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lamb on top of the tomato mixture in the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked to your desired degree of doneness.
- Garnish the dish with crumbled feta cheese and serve.