What are the key ingredients needed to prepare this mouth-watering Greek lunch recipe?
If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious lunch idea, this Greek-inspired recipe is a must-try! Made with fresh ingredients and bursting with flavor, it’s the perfect way to fuel your body and satisfy your taste buds.
The recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any unusual ingredients. It’s perfect for a weekday lunch or a light dinner, and it’s also great for meal-prep since it can be kept in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa under running water and put it in a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vegetables and the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, diced peppers, cucumber, onion, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese on top and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve in individual bowls or containers.
This salad is best served cold and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
We hope you enjoyed this wholesome delight! Try it out and let us know what you think in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family. Bon appétit!