What are the ingredients needed to make authentic Greek frappé coffee?
If you’re a fan of iced coffee and you haven’t tried a Greek frappé yet, you’re missing out! This frothy, refreshing drink has become a staple of Greek café culture and is surprisingly easy to make at home. Follow our recipe for an authentic Greek frappé coffee that’s sure to become your new go-to summer drink.
Authentic Greek Frappé Coffee
- 2 tsp instant coffee (Nescafe is a popular brand in Greece)
- 1-2 tsp sugar (depending on your preference)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- Add the instant coffee and sugar to a cocktail shaker or a wide-mouthed jar with a lid.
- Add a small amount of water, enough to just cover the coffee and sugar. Close the lid and shake vigorously for 30-60 seconds, until the mixture turns light brown and frothy.
- Add the ice cubes to a tall glass and pour the frothy coffee mixture over them.
- Fill the glass about 2/3 of the way with cold water.
- If using milk, add a splash or more to taste.
- Stir and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy your homemade Greek frappé coffee as much as we do! For an even more authentic experience, drink it outdoors on a sunny day while watching the world go by. Yamas!