What inspired the creation of this vegan spin on a classic Greek recipe?
Mediterranean Magic: A Tasty Vegan Spin on a Classic Greek Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a savory and satisfying meal that’s packed with Mediterranean flavors, this vegan spin on a classic Greek recipe is just what you need. Whether you’re a vegan or just trying to eat more plant-based meals, this dish will transport your taste buds to the Mediterranean coast with every bite.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly and place in a medium pot with vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is fully cooked and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- While quinoa is cooking, chop red bell pepper, red onion, and kalamata olives. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, chopped vegetables, and chopped kalamata olives to the bowl with the dressing. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
This recipe serves 4-6, and can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Enjoy this Mediterranean Magic dish as a side or main dish, and savor the healthy goodness of this vegan twist on a classic Greek recipe.
We hope you enjoy this Tasty Vegan Spin on a Classic Greek Recipe. Thanks for visiting our website, and be sure to check out our other delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!