What are the ingredients needed for this Greek Lunch recipe and where can they be sourced?
- 1 pound of ground lamb or beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Pita bread for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the ground lamb or beef.
- Cook until browned, stirring occasionally, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with dried oregano, dried basil, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the red wine and diced tomatoes, and stir together well.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the top of the lamb or beef mixture and let it melt for a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with pita bread.