What are the key ingredients needed to make this Greek lunch recipe?
Greek cuisine is known for its fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and healthy benefits. If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious lunch option, look no further than this Greek-inspired feast fit for the gods. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add quinoa, stir, and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, chickpeas, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.