What are the ingredients needed to make the Greek Feta Dip?
This Greek feta dip is the perfect party appetizer or snack. It’s creamy, tangy and loaded with fresh herbs and spices. The pita chips are crispy and salty, making them the perfect vessel to dip into this delicious spread. Whether you’re entertaining guests or just looking for a quick and easy snack, this recipe is sure to please.
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pita bread or chips for serving
- In a food processor or blender, combine feta cheese, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and garnish with additional herbs if desired.
- Serve with pita bread or chips.
To make your own pita chips, preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut pita bread into wedges and place on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can also mash the ingredients by hand with a fork or potato masher.
- For a creamier dip, add more Greek yogurt or olive oil.
- You can also add other ingredients such as roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, or olives.
- Leftover dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.