What ingredients are needed to make Greek zucchini fritters and how are they prepared?
Mouthwatering Greek Zucchini Fritters: The Perfect Appetizer!
Get ready to elevate your appetizer game with these irresistible Greek zucchini fritters. They’re crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and bursting with flavor from fresh herbs and tangy feta cheese. Serve them warm with a dollop of tzatziki sauce for the ultimate party snack or light lunch. Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 2 small zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini, crumbled feta, chopped parsley and mint, minced garlic, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to drop balls of the zucchini mixture into the skillet, flattening slightly with the back of the spoon. Fry until golden-brown and crispy, turning once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve the fritters warm with tzatziki sauce, if desired. Enjoy!