What ingredients are needed to make Greek zucchini fritters and how are they prepared?
- 2 small zucchinis, grated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the grated zucchini, crumbled feta, chopped parsley and mint, minced garlic, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to drop balls of the zucchini mixture into the skillet, flattening slightly with the back of the spoon. Fry until golden-brown and crispy, turning once, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fritters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve the fritters warm with tzatziki sauce, if desired. Enjoy!