What are some traditional Greek ingredients that can be used to make vegan stuffed peppers?
Delightful and Vegan: A Greek Twist on Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are a classic dish that can be made in so many different ways. This recipe adds a Greek twist to the traditional recipe, using Mediterranean spices and flavors for a delicious and healthy meal. And the best part? It’s completely vegan!
- 4 large peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large pot, bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add chickpeas, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add cooked quinoa to the chickpea mixture. Stir in chopped olives and mix well.
- Stuff each pepper half with the quinoa and chickpea mixture.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Serve hot with a lemon wedge.
These stuffed peppers are packed with flavor and have a healthy plant-based protein punch with the added chickpeas. This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to add a little extra zing to their stuffed peppers. Give it a try!