How can this Greek vegan moussaka recipe be modified to accommodate those with food allergies?
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread eggplant and zucchini slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until tender and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vegetable broth. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the roasted eggplant and zucchini.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!