How does this vegan spinach pie recipe incorporate traditional Greek flavors?
Greek cuisine is known for its use of flavorful herbs and spices, making it an excellent choice for vegans looking for a satisfying meal. This vegan spinach pie recipe showcases traditional Greek flavors while also being a healthy and delicious option for anyone looking to switch up their meal routine.
Recipe: Traditional Greek Flavors Shine in this Delicious Vegan Spinach Pie
– 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
– 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1/2 cup vegan feta cheese (optional)
– 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
– 1 prepared vegan pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, dill, parsley, mint, onion, and garlic until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the plant-based milk, nutritional yeast, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper until a smooth batter forms.
4. Add the batter to the spinach mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Crumble the vegan feta cheese into the mixture (if using) and stir until evenly distributed.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared vegan pie crust and smooth out the top.
7. Sprinkle pine nuts (if using) on top of the pie.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This vegan spinach pie recipe is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the flavors of traditional Greek cuisine. Whether you top it off with vegan feta cheese and pine nuts or keep it simple, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.