What ingredients are required for preparing this authentic Greek Mezze appetizer recipe?
Delight Your Palate with this Authentic Greek Mezze Appetizer Recipe
Inspired by the pristine blue seas and vibrant cultures of the Aegean, Greek cuisine is widely known for its incredible variety and delicious flavours. Greek mezze, a selection of small dishes served to accompany drinks and whet your appetite, are a major part of the Greek culinary tradition. Today, we are bringing a piece of Greece to your kitchen with our authentic Greek mezze appetizer recipe. Easy to prepare and guaranteed to surprise your guests.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 200g Feta cheese
- 20 Olives
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 loaf of fresh bread
- Humus (optional)
- Wash the vegetables and cut the tomatoes, cucumbers, and green pepper into small pieces.
- Slice the red onion and distribute it over the vegetables. Add the olives.
- Cut the Feta cheese into small cubes and sprinkle it over the salad. You can also crumble it if you prefer.
- Mix the oregano, salt, and olive oil in a bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Heat the bread in the oven, cut it into pieces and serve it next to your mezze dish, with some humus if desired.
The best part about Greek mezze is that there are no strict rules to it. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients to suit your palate. Some other popular mezze ingredients include stuffed grape leaves (dolmades), tzatziki, and spanakopita (spinach pie).
Crisp and refreshing, this Greek mezze platter perfectly embodies the spirit of Greek cooking—simple, rustic, and absolutely delicious. Serve as a part of dinner or as a tasty appetizer to share with friends and family. It’s the perfect go-to snack and a healthy alternative to traditional fast food. The vibrant colours and textures will make it highly tempting, and the fresh ingredients make it appetizing and healthy. So, get ready to transport your taste buds to Greece!