What makes this traditional Greek appetizer recipe stand out in the PAA segment, for delightful taste experiences
Welcome to the culinary journey of traditional Greek cuisine. Today, we will guide you through a recipe that has been passed down through generations and is a quintessential part of Greek meals – the Greek appetizer or ‘meze’. This appetizer is not just a dish, but a celebration of Greek culture and the joy of sharing a meal with loved ones. Presenting, our favorite Greek appetizer, ‘Tzatziki’.
- 1 cucumber
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- First, prepare the cucumber by grating it. Then, squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the grated cucumber. This will help keep the tzatziki thick and creamy.
- Peel the garlic cloves and mince them into a fine paste.
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, grated cucumber, minced garlic, olive oil, chopped fresh dill, and lemon juice. Add salt to taste.
- Stir the ingredients together until they are well combined. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve the tzatziki with pita bread or fresh vegetables. Enjoy this refreshing and tangy Greek appetizer that will take your taste buds on a journey.
This dish is best when served chilled. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Always stir the tzatziki before serving as it may have separated slightly in the refrigerator.
We hope you enjoyed our traditional Greek appetizer recipe, Tzatziki. This easy-to-make, delightful appetizer is an absolute crowd-pleaser and a representation of the vibrant Greek cuisine. The tangy taste of our Tzatziki is sure to captivate your taste buds and transport you to the blue waters and sunny skies of Greece.
Stay tuned for more exciting recipes from around the world.