What are the ingredients needed to make Greek lemonade at home?
Sip on Sunshine: How to Make a Refreshing Greek Lemonade at Home
Escape to the sunny Mediterranean with a sip of this refreshing Greek lemonade. Made with fresh lemons, honey, and aromatic herbs, this delightful drink is perfect for lazy summer afternoons or backyard barbecues. The best part? It’s super easy to make at home. Grab your blender and let’s get started!
- 4-5 large lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 4 cups water
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- A pinch of sea salt
- Start by juicing your lemons. You can use a citrus juicer or simply squeeze the lemons with your hands. Strain the juice to remove any seeds and pulp.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, honey, water, and a pinch of sea salt. Blend until well-combined.
- Add the mint and basil leaves to the blender and give it a quick pulse to chop them up. Don’t overdo it, you want some small bits of leaves to infuse in the lemonade.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness or tartness to your liking by adding more honey or lemon juice.
- Transfer the lemonade to a pitcher and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the lemonade over ice and garnish with additional mint leaves.
Enjoy this refreshing Greek lemonade on a hot summer day or anytime you need a quick pick-me-up. It’s the perfect balance of sweet, tart, and aromatic flavors that will transport you to the seaside villas of Greece.
Making Greek lemonade at home is a simple and delicious way to bring a bit of summer into your everyday routine. Experiment with different herbs and fruits to create your own signature lemonade recipe. For an extra special touch, serve in a beautiful glass pitcher and enjoy with friends and family. Cheers!