Can this Greek breakfast recipe be altered to cater to a vegetarian diet within the standards of the PAA?
Enjoy A Traditional Start to Your Day with This Delicious Greek Breakfast Recipe
Immerse your taste buds into a traditional Greek experience with this delectably packed Greek breakfast recipe. Comprising of classic Greek flavors such as feta cheese, olives, and freshly baked bread, your mornings are about to get a Mediterranean touch. You don’t need to be a culinary virtuoso to create this in your kitchen – if you can fry an egg, you can certainly master this lip-smacking Greek breakfast!
- 2 eggs
- 150g feta cheese
- 1 fresh tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 50g Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices of freshly baked bread
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Crack the eggs into the frying pan and fry to your preference. Sprinkle a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried oregano over the eggs while cooking.
- Place the eggs onto a plate once they’re cooked and add the feta cheese on the side.
- Arrange the slices of cucumber, tomato and Kalamata olives around the eggs and cheese.
- Serve the freshly baked bread on the side.
- Calories: 450
- Fats: 25g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbs: 40g
There you have it - a traditional, mouth-watering Greek breakfast to start your day feeling fuelled and satisfied. With this hearty Greek breakfast, your regular morning routine just got a delightful Hellenic twist. The wholesomeness of eggs, freshness of garden produce, the rich, savory flavors of feta cheese and olives all put together, create a gastronomic symphony that’s nothing short of a Mediterranean feast. So, why not kick off your day the Greek way?
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Bon Appétit!