What are the steps to prepare an authentic Greek frappé coffee?
Frappé coffee is the national coffee drink of Greece and a staple during the hot summer months. This frothy and refreshing iced coffee is made with instant coffee, cold water, and sugar, and it’s enjoyed all over Greece. Despite its simplicity, making the perfect cup of frappé coffee requires technique. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a delicious and authentic Greek frappé coffee. So grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
- 1-2 tsp instant coffee
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- Ice cubes
- Cold water
- Milk (optional)
- In a shaker or a tall glass, add 1-2 tsp instant coffee, 1-2 tsp sugar, and 2-3 tbsp cold water
- Shake or stir vigorously for 10-15 seconds until the mixture becomes creamy and frothy
- Add ice cubes to your glass
- Pour the frothy coffee mixture over the ice cubes
- Fill the glass with cold water
- Add milk (optional) to taste
- Stir and enjoy your authentic Greek frappé coffee!
Now that you know how to make an authentic Greek frappé coffee, you can enjoy it at home whenever you want. We hope you’ll love this refreshing coffee drink as much as we do. Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family!