What are the key ingredients in this Greek lunch recipe?
Enjoy a Taste of Greece with This Delicious Greek Lunch Recipe!
Looking to add a little Mediterranean flavor to your lunch routine? Try this mouth-watering Greek lunch recipe that’s sure to satisfy your cravings for something fresh, bright, and delicious.
- 1 large whole wheat pita
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3-4 Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Begin by toasting the whole wheat pita to your liking. The pita should be crispy on the outside, but still soft and chewy on the inside.
- Once the pita is toasted, spread a generous layer of hummus over the top. Use a spoon or a spatula to spread the hummus evenly across the surface of the pita.
- Layer the sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and red onion on top of the hummus.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and sliced Greek olives on top of the vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Enjoy immediately while the pita is still warm and the feta cheese is slightly melted.
- You can also pack it for your lunch, just wrap it in foil and enjoy whenever you want.
A Note on Hummus:
Hummus is a staple in Greek cuisine, and it adds a wonderful depth of flavor and creaminess to this recipe. If you’ve never made homemade hummus before, now’s the time to try it! You can find recipes for classic hummus online or experiment with different flavors like roasted red pepper, garlic, or even beet hummus.
An Outro Note:
Now that you’ve experienced the delicious and fresh flavors of Greece, try incorporating more Mediterranean ingredients into your cooking to keep things exciting. From tangy tzatziki sauce to juicy grilled halloumi cheese, Mediterranean cuisine is full of delicious and healthy recipes that are sure to spice up your lunch (and dinner!) routine. Bon appetit!