What ingredients are needed for the Greek coffee recipe?
Greek coffee, often called “τούρκικος καφές” (tourkikos kafes), is a strong and flavorful coffee that is traditionally served in Greece. The preparation of Greek coffee is different from other types of coffee, as it is brewed on the stove in a special pot called a “briki”. The coffee is usually brewed with sugar and it is served in small cups with a piece of candy or sweet pastry on the side. If you are a coffee lover, you should definitely try this traditional and delicious Greek coffee recipe.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground Greek coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar (optional)
- Pour the water into a briki and place it on the stove.
- Add the coffee and the sugar (if using) to the briki and stir well.
- Turn on the heat to medium and let the coffee come to a boil. Be careful not to let it boil over.
- As soon as the coffee starts to foam, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a few seconds.
- Return the briki to the heat and bring the coffee to a boil again. Repeat this step two more times.
- Pour the coffee into small cups and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.