What makes this Mediterranean recipe so magical?
Mediterranean Magic: Enjoy a Traditional Greek Lunch with This Delicious Recipe
Greek cuisine is known for its rich and flavorful dishes, and this traditional Greek lunch recipe is no exception. Galatopita, or Greek milk pie, is a savory and creamy dish that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. Made with a combination of feta cheese, eggs, and milk, this dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. So, let’s get started!
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, for topping
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9-inch (22cm) round baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, feta cheese, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add the melted butter to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.