What are the ingredients needed to make this delicious Greek gyro wrap recipe for your lunch box?
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads, warmed
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Mix well, using your hands.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 equal portions and form them into patties that are about 3/4 inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the patties to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they’re cooked to your liking.
- While the patties are cooking, warm the pita breads in the microwave or oven.
- Once the patties are cooked, remove them from the skillet and let them rest for a few minutes.
- To assemble the gyros, spread 2 tablespoons of tzatziki sauce onto each pita bread. Then, top with the cooked patties, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and shredded lettuce.
- Wrap up the pita breads tightly and serve immediately.