What ingredients do I need to make an authentic Greek frappé coffee at home?
Opa! How to Make Authentic Greek Frappé Coffee at Home
Frappé coffee is a beloved drink in Greece, especially during hot summer days. It is a refreshing and delicious way to enjoy your coffee. If you have never had it before or you are missing your Greek vacation, don’t worry! You can make authentic Greek frappé coffee at home with just a few ingredients and a blender. Follow this recipe to make your own and say “Opa!” like a Greek.
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cold water
- Milk or evaporated milk (optional)
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, add the instant coffee, sugar, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of cold water. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds until the mixture becomes frothy and light brown in color.
- Add a few ice cubes to a glass.
- Pour the coffee mixture over the ice cubes.
- Add more cold water to the mixture, leaving a few inches of space at the top of the glass.
- Stir well with a spoon.
- Optional: add milk or evaporated milk for a creamier taste.
- Serve and enjoy your authentic Greek frappé coffee!
Frappé coffee is easy to make and perfect for any time of the day. You can customize it to your taste by adjusting the amount of coffee, sugar, and water. If you want a stronger coffee, add more instant coffee. If you have a sweet tooth, add more sugar. You can also experiment with different kinds of milk or syrups. Give it a try and enjoy your homemade Greek frappé coffee!