What ingredients do I need to make traditional Greek frappé coffee at home?
The Greek frappé coffee is a delicious and refreshing drink that is widely popular in Greece and Cyprus. It’s made by whisking instant coffee, sugar, and water into a frothy mixture and then pouring it over ice. Traditionally served in a tall glass, frappé coffee is a perfect drink for hot summer days or any time you need a quick pick-me-up. Here’s how to make it at home:
- Start with 2 teaspoons of instant coffee, 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, and 2-3 tablespoons of cold water in a shaker or blender.
- Shake or blend the mixture vigorously until it has doubled in volume and turned into a frothy foam.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to a tall glass, and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Top up the glass with cold water or milk, according to your preference.
- Stir the frappé coffee with a long spoon until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!
For an extra flavorful frappé coffee, you can add a splash of chocolate syrup, caramel sauce, vanilla extract, or a pinch of cinnamon to the mixture before shaking or blending it. You can also use almond milk, soy milk, or any other alternative milk of your choice instead of regular milk for a vegan-friendly version. And if you prefer a stronger or weaker coffee, you can adjust the amount of instant coffee accordingly.