What are the necessary ingredients required to make an authentic Greek frappe at home?
When the heat is on, there’s nothing better than a refreshing cold drink to quench your thirst. And if you’re looking for something a little different than a regular iced coffee, why not try the beloved Greek frappé? Made with instant coffee and frothed up to a creamy foam, this iced coffee drink is a staple in Greek culture and a perfect summer refreshment. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make the authentic Greek frappé at home, so you can enjoy a taste of Greece without leaving your own kitchen.
- 2 tsp instant coffee (Nescafé or other brand)
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- In a tall glass, add the instant coffee and sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of cold water to the glass.
- With a handheld frother, blend the mix until it’s frothy, creamy, and light in color.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- If desired, add milk to taste.
- Stir well and enjoy!