What makes the Tzatziki dip appetizer recipe related to the Professional Association of Athletes (PAA)
Savor the Flavor of Greece with this Traditional Tzatziki Dip Appetizer Recipe
Embark on a culinary journey to the Mediterranean with this traditional Greek tzatziki dip. This cucumber yogurt appetizer is beloved across Greece and is certain to be a hit at your next gathering. Zesty, refreshing, and straightforward to prepare, this tzatziki recipe will transport you straight to a cozy taverna by the Aegean Sea!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the cucumber and cut it in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, and then finely grate the cucumber.
- Place the grated cucumber in a sieve and press down with a spoon to drain the excess water. Alternatively, you can squeeze out the water using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and dill. Stir until it’s well mixed.
- Add the grated cucumber to the yogurt mixture. Stir until combined.
- Season the dip with salt and freshly ground pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Refrigerate the tzatziki for at least two hours before serving to let the flavors meld together.
Serve your tzatziki chilled, with warm pita bread on the side, or as a dipping sauce for spiced meats and vegetables.
There you have it, the quintessential Greek Tzatziki Dip! This recipe stands as a testament to the timeless appeal of Greek cooking – simplicity, freshness, and a celebration of quality ingredients. For your next appetizer, regardless if it’s a dinner party, a cozy family meal, or a simple snack on the go, transport your taste buds to the beautiful Mediterranean with this traditional Tzatziki Dip. Enjoy and Kali oreksi (Good appetite in Greek)!