What are the traditional ingredients used in a Greek goddess beverage recipe?
If you’re looking for a refreshing drink that will transport you to the sunny shores of Greece, look no further than the Greek goddess. This delicious beverage is made with a blend of citrus juices, herbs and spices, and a touch of honey for sweetness. Served over ice, it’s the perfect drink for hot summer days or any time you’re in the mood for something light and refreshing.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups sparkling water
- In a large pitcher, combine the orange juice, lemon juice and honey. Stir well to combine.
- Add the mint leaves, basil leaves, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, add the sparkling water to the pitcher and stir gently to combine.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour the Greek goddess over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and basil leaves, if desired.