What ingredients are needed for this Greek lunch recipe?
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 pita bread rounds
- In a large bowl, combine chicken strips, olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture to skillet and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- In a separate bowl, combine feta cheese, cucumber, tomato, red onion, and parsley.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly among four pita bread rounds. Top with the feta mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Greek lunch recipe is not only delicious, but it’s packed with nutrients as well. Chicken is an excellent source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. Additionally, the cucumber and tomato in this recipe provide a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and potassium. Feta cheese, while high in sodium, is also a good source of calcium and protein.
Feel free to customize this recipe to your liking! You can use a different type of cheese or add additional vegetables like bell peppers, olives, or spinach. You can also swap out the chicken for a vegetarian protein like tofu or chickpeas.
This Greek lunch recipe is a quick and easy way to take your taste buds on a trip to the Mediterranean. With its bold flavors and nutritional benefits, it’s sure to become a regular part of your lunch rotation. So why not give it a try today?