What are some traditional Greek dishes included in the Mouth-Watering Greek Feast recipe book?
Mouth-Watering Greek Feast: Delicious Dinner Recipes to Savor
Indulge in the wholesome flavors of Greece with these scrumptious dinner recipes!
Appetizer: Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve with pita bread or as a dip for veggies. Enjoy your delicious Tzatziki sauce!
Main Course: Moussaka
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cup Bechamel Sauce
- Cut the eggplants into 1/2 inch slices and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Add onion and garlic, and sauté until softened.
- Add tomato sauce, red wine, salt, pepper, and parsley. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a greased baking dish, layer eggplant slices, then the meat sauce, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Pour the Bechamel sauce over the top of the eggplant mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 pound phyllo dough
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, mix together walnuts and cinnamon.
- Brush the bottom of a baking dish with melted butter.
- Place one layer of phyllo dough in the baking dish and brush with melted butter. Repeat with another five sheets of phyllo.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of nut mixture on the phyllo layers.
- Continue layering and brushing with butter and sprinkling with nut mixture until all of the ingredients are used.
- Cut the baklava into diamond shapes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix honey, water, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the honey syrup over the cooled baklava and allow it to soak in. Serve and enjoy your sweet and crunchy Baklava!
There you have it – three delicious Greek recipes to feast on!
With the fresh vegetables, delectable spices, and mouth-watering sauces, these dishes will transport you to the sun-drenched land of Greece. Get ready to savor the wholesome flavors of this Mediterranean paradise!