What are the key ingredients that make Greek Lemonade unique and refreshing?
- 6 large lemons, juiced (about 1 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 cups of water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 cup of ice
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix sugar and 1 cup of water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- While the sugar syrup is cooling, juice the lemons. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining 5 cups of water and lemon juice in a pitcher. Add the cooled sugar syrup and stir well.
- Add a sprig of fresh mint to the pitcher and let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, add ice to the pitcher and stir well. Pour into glasses and garnish with extra mint leaves and lemon slices, if desired.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you prefer your lemonade to be sweeter, add more sugar to taste.
- For an extra kick, add a splash of vodka or rum to the pitcher before chilling in the fridge.
- If you don’t have fresh mint, you can use mint leaves from a tea bag.