What types of coffee are commonly used in Greek coffee recipes?
Experience the Taste of Greece with this Delicious Greek Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of finely ground Greek coffee
- 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
- In a briki (a small metal pot specifically designed for Greek coffee), add the cold water and sugar (if desired). Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the finely ground Greek coffee and stir again.
- Place the briki on low heat and let it brew for about 2-3 minutes. Do not stir the coffee during this time.
- After 2-3 minutes, the coffee will start to foam up. Remove from heat when the foam reaches the top of the briki and let it sit for 10-20 seconds.
- Return the briki to low heat for another 20-30 seconds, until the foam rises again. Remove from heat and let it sit for 10-20 seconds again.
- Pour the coffee into a cup, using a spoon to hold back the foam. You can add more sugar if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious Greek coffee!
If you’re a coffee lover and want to try something new, you have to taste the Greek coffee! This strong and aromatic coffee is one of the most famous drinks in Greece and has a unique taste that you won’t find anywhere else. Whether you’re planning a trip to Greece and want to immerse yourself in the local culture or you simply want to enjoy a new coffee experience at home, this recipe will help you make a perfect cup of Greek coffee in just a few minutes.
Enjoyed this recipe? Follow us for more delicious food ideas and tips!
©2021, Recipe Blog