What are the key ingredients necessary for preparing a Greek lunch recipe from the Mediterranean Delight cookbook?
Greek cuisine is known for its fresh and flavorful ingredients, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, feta cheese, and olive oil. This Greek lunch recipe is a perfect example of the Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the healthiest in the world. It’s easy to prepare, nutritious, and delicious, making it a great choice for anyone who wants to eat healthy without sacrificing taste.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Greek Quinoa Salad
Healthy and Delicious Lunch Recipe
This Greek quinoa salad is a light and refreshing meal that’s perfect for a summer lunch. It’s packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, making it a healthy choice for anyone who wants to fuel their body with nutritious food. The combination of quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta cheese creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures. The dressing, made with olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano, adds a tangy and herbaceous note that ties everything together. Serve this salad with a slice of crusty bread and a glass of white wine for a delightful Mediterranean experience.