What are the key ingredients in this Greek lunch recipe?
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the salad. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, red onion, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and minced garlic. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the grilled chicken on top of the salad.