What are some traditional Greek breakfast dishes that can be easily prepared at home?
When it comes to breakfast, the Greeks have got it covered! From classic dishes like Greek yogurt with honey and walnuts to spanakopita, the options are endless. Here are a few of our favourite breakfast recipes to start your day off on the right foot, the Greek way.
Greek Yogurt with Honey and Walnuts
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and honey
- Stir until well mixed
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top
- Serve immediately
- 1/2 lb of fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb of feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sheets of phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Rinse and chop spinach
- In a pan, sauté scallions and spinach until wilted
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Stir in feta cheese, dill, salt, and pepper with spinach mixture
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil
- Lay phyllo sheet in baking dish and brush generously with olive oil
- Repeat until all 6 sheets of phyllo have been used
- Pour spinach mixture over phyllo
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve warm
We hope you enjoy these delicious Greek breakfast recipe ideas. With a combination of fresh ingredients and traditional flavours, these dishes are sure to satisfy your morning cravings and set you up for a successful day.
So, next time you’re in the mood for something different, start your day the Greek way!