What are the ingredients needed to make this Greek lunch recipe?
Are you craving delicious Greek cuisine but don’t want to leave your home? Look no further than this flavorful Greek lunch recipe! With a combination of fresh ingredients and authentic flavors, you’ll feel like you’re dining in the streets of Athens. Plus, this recipe is easy and quick to make, so you can enjoy it any day of the week.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 pita breads
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the chicken, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the can of tomatoes and water to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is simmering, heat the pita bread in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Assemble the dish by layering the sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on top of each pita. Top it off with the chicken mixture and crumbled feta cheese.