How do you make the perfect Greek lemonade with a zesty and refreshing taste?
As the scorching summer sun beats down upon us, a refreshing and zesty drink is just what we need to quench our thirst and cool us down. And what better way to do so than with a traditional Greek lemonade recipe? This lemonade is not only refreshing, but it is also packed with flavor and nutrients that will leave your taste buds satisfied and your body hydrated. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the perfect summer drink!
– 6-8 fresh lemons
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 7 cups of water
– 1/2 cup of honey
– 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint leaves
– Ice cubes
1. Begin by washing the lemons thoroughly and slicing them into thin rounds. Remove any seeds and place the lemon slices into a large pitcher.
2. Add the sugar to the pitcher and use a wooden spoon to mix well, making sure to coat the lemon slices with the sugar.
3. Let the lemon and sugar mixture sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve and release the lemon juices.
4. In a separate pot, heat up 7 cups of water until it comes to a boil. Pour the hot water over the lemon and sugar mixture in the pitcher.
5. Mix the lemonade well until the sugar has completely dissolved.
6. Add in the honey and stir well.
7. Throw in the chopped fresh mint leaves to add a hint of freshness and aroma.
8. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill and allow the flavors to infuse.
9. Before serving, add ice cubes to the pitcher and stir well.
There you have it, the perfect Greek lemonade recipe! This drink is not only delicious, but it is also packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties that will benefit your health. Whether you’re lounging by the pool or hosting a summer BBQ, this lemonade will surely impress your guests and keep you cool all season long. So go ahead, give it a try and let the zesty and refreshing flavors transport you to the shores of Greece!