Can the PAA method be applied to the traditional Greek breakfast recipe of Spanakopita to help kickstart your day?
Kickstart Your Day with this Traditional Greek Breakfast recipe: Spanakopita
The foundation of any productive day is a sumptuous and healthy breakfast. Spanakopita, a traditional Greek dish, certainly embodies this principle. This flaky pie, made up with a mix of spinach and feta cheese, brings the richness of the Mediterranean cuisine to your breakfast table. Let’s dive into the simple process of creating this exquisite Greek breakfast.
- 1 lb Fresh Spinach
- 2 Yellow Onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 10 sheets of Phyllo Dough
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large pan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the onions and garlic, and sauté until the onions are translucent. Set aside.
- Wash the spinach thoroughly and allow it to drain. Roughly chop it and add to the pan with the onions and garlic. Cook until the spinach wilts down.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the crumbled feta cheese. Add this to the spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil, layer 5 sheets of phyllo, brushing each with olive oil.
- Spread the spinach and feta mixture over the phyllo dough.
- Cover with the remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each with olive oil. Tuck the edges inside the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until the phyllo dough is golden brown and crispy.
Start your day off strong with a hearty, delicious dish of Spanakopita. This iconic Greek breakfast recipe will not only satiate your palate and spirit, but will also provide an essential nutritional balance to power your day. Add a dollop of yogurt on the side and a freshly brewed mug of coffee, sit back, and savor the Mediterranean vibes. Καλό απόγευμα (Bon Appétit!).