What are the nutritional values or Potential Amino Acid score (PAA) for the Traditional Feta and Spinach Pita Greek breakfast recipe
Delightful Greek Breakfast: Traditional Feta and Spinach Pita Recipe
Start your day with a burst of Greek flavor by indulging in a traditional feta and spinach pita. This hearty breakfast is a favorite amongst the Greeks and is sure to tantalize your taste buds with its savory and tangy combination of feta cheese and fresh spinach wrapped inside a warm, fluffy pita. Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s also packed full of nutrients to start your day off right.
- 6 large pita bread
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the skillet, cooking until they become translucent.
- Next, add the chopped spinach and cook until it wilts. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
- Proceed by stirring in the crumbled feta cheese, chopped dill, salt, and pepper. Remove the skillet from heat once the feta has just begun to melt.
- Warm up your pita bread in a toaster or oven, then cut the top off to create a pocket.
- Spoon your feta and spinach mixture into the pita pocket. Repeat this with the remaining pitas and filling.
- Enjoy your delightful Greek breakfast while it’s still warm.
You can vary this recipe by adding other traditional Greek ingredients like olives, tomatoes, or even a fried egg on top for extra protein.
No matter where you are in the world, you can enjoy the taste of a traditional Greek breakfast with this simple feta and spinach pita recipe. Not only is this dish packed with flavor, but it’s also versatile, customizable, and a hearty start to any day. So, step into the world of Greek cuisine and breakfast like the Greeks do with this delightful and nutritious feta and spinach pita.