How does the vegan feta cheese substitute compare to traditional feta in taste and texture?
Who said vegan food can’t be delicious and flavorful? This Greek-inspired spinach and feta pie is the perfect example of how plant-based food can be just as tasty! The pastry is crispy, the filling is creamy, and the combination of spinach and vegan feta cheese is simply mouth-watering. Give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family with your Greek cooking skills!
- 1 sheet vegan puff pastry
- 500g (18 oz) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 200g (7 oz) vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the thawed and drained spinach, crumbled vegan feta cheese, chopped dill, parsley, scallions, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on the lined baking sheet and spoon the spinach mixture onto half of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch along the edge.
- Brush the exposed edge of the pastry with water and fold the other half of the pastry over the filling. Press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Brush the top of the pastry with olive oil and using a sharp knife, cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing into portions.