What is the main ingredient in this Greek dinner recipe?
Are you dreaming of traveling to Greece but can’t do it yet? No problem! Bring a little taste of Greece to your home with this easy and delicious Greek dinner recipe.
- 1 pound of lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Feta cheese and Kalamata olives for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with crumbled feta cheese and Kalamata olives on top.