What ingredients are needed to make the authentic flavors of Greece?
Indulge in the Authentic Flavors of Greece with this Mouth-watering Lunch Recipe
Greece is known for its delicious and healthy cuisine. From souvlaki to moussaka, Greek food is rich in flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more. This authentic Greek lunch recipe is perfect for those who love the taste of Greek food but want something healthy and easy to make. So, get ready to indulge in the flavors of Greece with this mouth-watering lunch recipe!
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, and mint. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 12 patties, each about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Grill the patties for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned and fully cooked.
- Toast the pita breads on the grill for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the gyros by placing a lamb patty on each pita bread, and topping with tomato, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.
- Roll up the pita breads and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This authentic Greek lunch recipe is perfect for a summer lunch with friends and family. It’s easy to make and bursting with flavor. So, indulge in the authentic flavors of Greece and enjoy this mouth-watering lunch recipe!