What is the recipe for a traditional Greek frappé coffee?
Opa! How to Make a Refreshing Greek Frappé Coffee
If you ever find yourself in a Greek cafe during the summer months, chances are you’ll spot someone enjoying a frappé coffee. This refreshing iced coffee drink is a staple in Greece and is the perfect pick-me-up on a hot day. If you can’t make it to Greece, don’t worry – you can easily make your own frappé coffee at home with just a few ingredients.
- 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- Splash of water, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup cold water
- Ice cubes
- Milk (optional)
- Add the instant coffee and sugar to a tall glass.
- Add a splash of water to the glass.
- Using a frother or a hand mixer, whisk the coffee mixture until it becomes frothy and light brown in color. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of cold water to the glass and stir to combine.
- Add ice cubes to the glass.
- If desired, add milk to the glass and stir.
- Enjoy your homemade Greek frappé coffee!
- Make sure to use a tall glass so that you have room to froth the coffee mixture.
- If you don’t have a frother or hand mixer, you can use a shaker or a blender instead.
- If you like your coffee sweeter, adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
There you have it – a refreshing Greek frappé coffee that you can make in the comfort of your own home. This recipe is perfect for summer months and is sure to become a favorite among coffee lovers. So next time you’re in the mood for an iced coffee, give this recipe a try!